Definition of mannerly in English:
Well-mannered; polite: he is always genteel and mannerly in private
More example sentences
- A more self-assured, unfailingly polite and mannerly man never existed.
- Trying to approach this gentle and mannerly retired professor about what seems to be going wrong, Miller encounters the deep stubbornness at the core of his being.
- These fine young gentleman were well-behaved and very mannerly.
- Example sentences
- It has concentrated on good morals and mannerliness in conduct.
- On the contrary, eating too little implies a lack of mannerliness, which may vex the host.
- And this, to my mind, is his distinctive failing as a writer: that he has exalted charm and mannerliness above all else.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia