Definition of mansplain in English:
verb[with object] informal
(Of a man) explain (something) to someone, typically a woman, in a manner regarded as condescending or patronizing: I’m listening to a guy mansplain economics to his wife Apparently you can’t sell a second-hand car for as much as a new one. So glad he mansplained that to me (as noun mansplaining) your response is classic mansplaining
More example sentences
- He tries to mansplain it with a weak athlete analogy, but she cuts him short.
- Bravo, too, for the general misogynist stereotyping, victim blaming and general mansplaining.
- I was accused of "mansplaining" and of writing "a terrible article" that should never have been published.
- Example sentences
- She's somewhat compromised by her romantic attachment to resident "mansplainer" Thomas.
- He's a compulsive mansplainer.
- Hopefully not sounding like a know-it-all mansplainer, what you're suffering sounds a lot like the initial days/weeks after my injury.
Definition of mansplain in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan