- A mantelpiece or mantelshelf.More example sentences
- Grouped on window sills or mantels, in forcing jars of crystal, cobalt, amethyst or green-colored glass, hyacinths enhance the holiday mood.
- In addition, the house features cast-concrete counters, sinks, wall tiles, mantels, windowsills, and patio tiles that Rosenblatt designed and cast on site.
- Group them under your tree, on mantels, and on windowsills.
mid 16th century: specialized use of mantle1.
More definitions of mantelDefinition of mantel in:
- The US English dictionary