- another term for mantis.More example sentences
- Molecular characterizations and spectral tuning studies have been performed on opsin proteins found in many insect groups, including bees, moths and butterflies, mantids, fireflies, and fruit flies.
- Cockroaches, termites, and mantids form the well-accepted monophyletic group Dictyoptera.
- In the majority of cases, the terrestrial hosts are (at least partially) carnivorous animals such as carabid beetles, praying mantids or crickets (Ensifera).
More definitions of mantidDefinition of mantid in:
- The US English dictionary