noun (plural manufactories)• archaic
- A factory.More example sentences
- The workshops and manufactories became breeding grounds for radical ideas to take hold.
- The count had set up his manufactory on the site of an earlier factory where earthenware had been made for about two years.
- It was not in the contemplation of the parties [to the 1982 conveyance] that the bakery would cease to be used as a manufactory.
early 17th century (denoting a manufactured article): from manufacture, on the pattern of factory.
More definitions of manufactoryDefinition of manufactory in:
- The US English dictionary