- A small tree with aromatic leaves which are sometimes used for tea, native to New Zealand and Tasmania.
More example sentences
- Leptospermum scoparium, family Myrtaceae
- The manuka on Stewart Island have a differently shaped leaf from the manuka on the South Island so they are thought perhaps to be a different species.
- Ulsore spray is a new addition to the excellent Salcura colloidal range, every product of which includes manuka and disinfecting tea tree.
- Tea tree, better known to our New Zealand listeners as manuka, looks entirely different.
mid 19th century: from Maori.