noun (plural same)Zoology
- The terminal segment of a forelimb, corresponding to the hand and wrist in humans.More example sentences
- Caudipteryx has short forelimbs and a feathered manus and is likely to have been a secondarily flightless bird.
- In lepidosaurs, crocodilians, and birds the medial border or epicondyle of the humerus is the origin for the major flexors of the manus and carpus.
- The enlarged medial ‘epicondyle’ of Apatosaurus may be tied with the flexors of its robust manus and pollex claw.
early 19th century: from Latin, 'hand'.
More definitions of manusDefinition of manus in:
- The US English dictionary