Definition of map-maker in English:
- Historians and map-makers ignored many of his achievements, grudgingly acknowledged those they could not completely disregard and brazenly attributed his most important discoveries to others.
- These included photographers, journalists, academics and researchers, Ordnance Survey map-makers and statisticians at the UK Census bureau.
- Nineteenth century map-makers had a feeling there was something more to the area when they spotted the remains of Iron Age earthworks during an Ordnance Survey expedition.
- Example sentences
- The first step in scientific map-making, all earlier attempts were more enthusiastic than accurate.
- To acknowledge the subjectivity of his map-making, Pam renames the continent.
- She sees the surfeit of green as an opportunity, but she does not see her opportunity as an effect of map-making and map-reading practices that have wider geopolitical implications.
Definition of map-maker in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan