More example sentences
- Historians and map-makers ignored many of his achievements, grudgingly acknowledged those they could not completely disregard and brazenly attributed his most important discoveries to others.
- These included photographers, journalists, academics and researchers, Ordnance Survey map-makers and statisticians at the UK Census bureau.
- Nineteenth century map-makers had a feeling there was something more to the area when they spotted the remains of Iron Age earthworks during an Ordnance Survey expedition.
- More example sentences
- The first step in scientific map-making, all earlier attempts were more enthusiastic than accurate.
- To acknowledge the subjectivity of his map-making, Pam renames the continent.
- She sees the surfeit of green as an opportunity, but she does not see her opportunity as an effect of map-making and map-reading practices that have wider geopolitical implications.
Definition of map-maker in:
- The US English dictionary