- another term for maquiladora.More example sentences
- Many of the women killed have been abducted near their workplaces - the maquilas located on the outskirts of Juárez.
- And trash sifted from the Matamoros city dump established that the maquilas were burning their industrial waste there, rather than disposing of it in the United States, as required by law.
- Massive and unregulated foreign investment is the basis for expanding the textile industry, which runs out of maquilas in ‘free trade zones’ on the outskirts of cities.
More definitions of maquilaDefinition of maquila in:
- The US English dictionary