Definition of maquillage in English:
- Given the extreme, even theatrical way in which maquillage was wielded at the French court, there could be no question of its being intended to appear natural.
- By now, you should have perfected the art of daytime maquillage - you should have got the message that it is about concealment, camouflage and nature.
- The two shimmer with glitter in torn stockings and outrageous maquillage.
- maquillaged adjective
- Example sentences
- They arrive, and plant delicate kisses on one another's lightly maquillaged cheeks.
- Pictured here is not the heavily maquillaged and expertly lit glamazon of Some Like It Hot fame, but a 36-year-old woman dropping her guard—and most of her clothes in the process.
- Her glittery golden tresses rise around her head and frame her maquillaged face.
French, from maquiller 'to make up', from Old French masquiller 'to stain'.
Words that rhyme with maquillagedécolletage, découpage, Lesage, paysage, plage, potage, vernissage
Definition of maquillage in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.