- 1(Especially of paper) having a streaked and patterned appearance like that of variegated marble: attractively marbled cloth or paperMore example sentences
- From the 16th to the 19th centuries, marbled papers became an indispensable part of almost every book published.
- Set the sheet of freshly marbled paper on some newspapers to dry.
- I pounced, grabbed, and came up with three rolls of a really quite pleasant dark rose paper, slightly marbled but with no actual decorative design of the nasty kind.
- 1.1(Of meat) having the lean part streaked with thin layers of fat.More example sentences
- Feedlot operators feed grain to ruminants because it makes the animals grow faster and fatter, resulting in highly marbled meat.
- Most can meet the company's quality requirements by feeding hogs to put on enough back fat to produce marbled meat.
- Tablehurst's small farm shop regularly sells clean out of biodynamic lamb, sausages and finely marbled steaks.
More definitions of marbledDefinition of marbled in:
- The US English dictionary