- A white European butterfly with black markings which lives in rough grassland.
More example sentences
- Genus Melanargia, subfamily Satyrinae, family Nymphalidae: several species
- Cockey Down is best visited in spring and summer, when insects such as the hornet robber-fly, and butterflies such as chalkhill blue, marbled white and dark green fritillary find a home among the stunning tapestry of wildflowers.
- A number of butterflies are also present, including marbled white, meadow brown, small heath and small skipper.
- The Manor Farm site has recorded all butterfly species to be found in Yorkshire, including the rare marbled white and common blue.