adverb & adjectiveMusic
- (Especially as a direction) played with emphasis.More example sentences
- His brilliant rhythmic dexterity and idiomatic sense of Prokofiev's ‘Music of New Russia’ captured the sarcasm and biting wit of the Scherzo: Allegro marcato.
- The bitter irony of the Allegro marcato evolved at a fierce tempo.
- One way to keep us on our toes is to mix up your timing - lately, you've gotten into the habit of repeating punchlines, stretching out a joke forever, hitting us with this staggering, marcato rhythm.
Italian, 'marked, accented', of Germanic origin.
More definitions of marcatoDefinition of marcato in:
- The US English dictionary