noun (plural marchesi /mɑːˈkeɪzi, marˈkezi/)
- An Italian marquis.More example sentences
- Giuseppe Panza was seven or eight years old and seated in his uncle's Fiat 501 when he first saw the villa designed in the mid-1700s by an unknown architect for the marchese Paolo Antonio Menafoglio.
- These five paintings were from the important collection of Giampietro Campana, marchese di Cavelli, in Rome, part of which the Russians acquired in 1861 and installed in the Hermitage.
- The feature of the evening was the sale of Van Dyck's large canvas of the Marchese de Spinola for $50000.
More definitions of marcheseDefinition of marchese in:
- The US English dictionary