1A widely distributed water plant with whorls of narrow leaves around a tall stout stem.
- Hippuris vulgaris, family Haloragaceae
More example sentences
- Southern farmers can now add tropical spiderwort, mare's tail and morning glory to their list of glyphosate resistant weeds
- At 2 oz. / acre, its residual control spectrum includes seedling dandelion, common lambsquarters, mare's tail, horseweed, eastern black nightshade, pigweeds and shepherd's purse.
- Interestingly, pike-bearing streams also contained an abundance of mare's tail, while streams without pike did not.
Definition of mare's tail in:
- The US English dictionary