- A demand by a broker that an investor deposit further cash or securities to cover possible losses.More example sentences
- If you're determined to invest on margin, set aside some money to cover a margin call, she says.
- By the end of the first day of trading he had not only lost $30 per share, but his broker had made a margin call and automatically sold the shares leaving Stephen with no shares at all and a $3,000 debt to his broker.
- From some time very soon after the first margin call the further losses cannot be attributed to any alleged misrepresentation, non-disclosure or other negligence of the defendant, even if such were proven.
More definitions of margin callDefinition of margin call in:
- The US English dictionary