- A specially designed harbour with moorings for pleasure yachts and small boats.More example sentences
- The marina harbours ships and yachts of the high and mighty as well as modest ones for the common man.
- In 1997, the Foundation began providing kid's life jackets to marinas for boating families to borrow.
- Visiting yachts will find several marinas on Paradise island itself and on East Bay Street, east of the bridge.
early 19th century: from Italian or Spanish, feminine of marino, from Latin marinus (see marine).
More definitions of marinaDefinition of marina in:
- The US English dictionary