- A large lizard with webbed feet, native to the Galapagos Islands, which swims strongly and is the only marine lizard.
More example sentences
- Amblyrhynchus cristatus, family Iguanidae
- This past year, I decided to return to the Galapagos for an intense four-month photo session among old friends such as giant tortoises, marine iguanas, and blue-footed boobies.
- The tortoises, marine iguanas and land iguanas on the Galapagos Islands, studied by Charles Darwin, provide some of the most striking examples.
- Another example of likely feedback of social interactions onto circulating hormone levels comes from Galapagos marine iguanas.
More definitions of marine iguanaDefinition of marine iguana in:
- The US English dictionary