- 1(Of troops) march on the spot without moving forward.More example sentences
- I had them mark time and started them off marching down the trail that led to the football field.
- He blew his whistle, signaling for the band to mark time.
- Still, some steps are better than just marking time in place, right?
- 1.1Pass one’s time in routine activities until a more interesting opportunity presents itself: we’re all just marking time, waiting for WednesdayMore example sentences
- But he's only marking time until he can return to New Orleans.
- In the short term the markets are still nervous and will mark time until the outlook for the US becomes more certain.
- The secondary has to find out and the kids with a high-level D have to mark time until those without catch up.
More definitions of mark timeDefinition of mark time in:
- The US English dictionary