- A dealer in securities or other assets who undertakes to buy or sell at specified prices at all times.More example sentences
- This would allow market-makers to adjust prices for other securities effectively as demand and supply conditions change.
- Thus the market-maker in securities can finance its inventory, and the fund manager can also raise short-term moneys, without disturbing its underlying, portfolio.
- An investigation showed that market-makers were ignoring customer limit orders that offered better prices than dealers wanted to post.
More definitions of market makerDefinition of market maker in:
- The US English dictionary