- The amount for which something can be sold on a given market: insurance may only cover the current market value of your car Often contrasted with book value.More example sentences
- I accept that the invoiced amount represents the fair market value of the goods sold.
- The payment is equal to the market value, which is lower than the income tax payable on the share option gain.
- Any fruit not indigenous to your village will fetch a higher market value when sold.
More definitions of market valueDefinition of market value in:
- The US English dictionary