- 1The exposure of an industry or service to market forces: it seems disposed to hold back the BBC from the marketization of broadcastingMore example sentences
- The result is the commercialisation and marketisation of early childhood services as entrepreneurs stepped in to fill the gap.
- My rural doctor daughter never had it easy, but not with the marketisation of the health industry she is struggling for survival as rural hospital services decline.
- Voters seem strangely resistant to a campaign based on the Iraq war, the marketisation of public services and new authoritarian powers for the state.
- 1.1The conversion of a national economy from a planned to a market economy: the marketization of the Russian economyMore example sentences
- With the collapse of the Soviet Union and its client states and the marketization of the Chinese economy, there seem to be no real totalitarian states left in the world as the twenty-first century opens.
- This highlights the continuing totalitarian assumptions of the state, despite liberalizations flowing from the marketization of the economy.
- These families were suffering the pressure caused by the marketization of the economy and the urbanization process.
marketize (also marketise)
- More example sentences
- So strong is this effect that we even have states such as China, still claiming to be communist, clamouring for admission to the WTO and marketizing their economies as fast as they can.
- Governments in Britain, USA, Australia, and New Zealand have marketized their school systems.
- I would expect neocons to take exactly the opposite view: i.e. that everything should be marketized.
More definitions of marketizationDefinition of marketization in:
- The US English dictionary