- (Until the introduction of the euro in 2002) the basic monetary unit of Finland, equal to 100 penniä.More example sentences
- The markka, or Finnmark, is the basic monetary unit.
- If you were a counterfeiter in Finland before the euro, and you wanted to counterfeit the markka, after about half an hour you would have produced enough to saturate the market.
- Finnish bankers forecast that the outgoing markka will be overtaken by euro as the most used currency by the beginning of next week.
More definitions of markkaDefinition of markka in:
- The US English dictionary