- A small tropical American monkey with a silky coat and a long tail.
More example sentences
- Family Callitrichidae (or Callithricidae): genus Callithrix (three species), and the pygmy marmoset (Cebuella pygmaea)
- Every year more than 10,000 non-human primates, including baboons, owl monkeys rhesus macaques and marmosets are transported by commercial airlines to research labs.
- Rare uakari monkeys, marmosets and umbrella birds move through the lush canopy foraging for food.
- Human cold sores, he said, can kill smaller monkeys like marmosets and tamarins.
late Middle English (also in the sense 'grotesque figure'): from Old French marmouset 'grotesque image', of unknown ultimate origin.
More definitions of marmosetDefinition of marmoset in:
- The US English dictionary