noun (plural marrons glacés pronunc. same)
- A chestnut preserved in and coated with sugar.More example sentences
- The idea of adding marrons confits (aka marrons glacés or glazed chestnuts) to the pears was inspired by the delicious crumble they currently serve at the restaurant, to which I went back on a couple of happy occasions recently.
- The verb ‘to candy’ today indicates a method of preservation using sugar syrup; candied fruit, marrons glacés, candied ginger, and candied angelica all use this process.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar and the remaining chocolate and marrons glacés over the top of the batter.
French, 'iced chestnut'.
More definitions of marron glacéDefinition of marron glacé in:
- The US English dictionary