noun[mass noun] (also marshlands)
- Land consisting of marshes: acres of meadows and marshlands [as modifier]: marshland landscapesMore example sentences
- Mostly these long-term anoxia-tolerant species inhabit bogs, wet marshlands, pools, river banks, and salt marshes or else are accustomed to survive long periods under a closed ice-layer.
- The large areas of woodland, moors, marshlands and lowlands around east Lancashire were obviously difficult to manage from the castle.
- The wetland park, which will soon be the animal's permanent home, will cover 64 hectares of land and include tropical marshland.
More definitions of marshlandDefinition of marshland in:
- The US English dictionary