Definition of marshy in English:
adjective (marshier, marshiest)
Characteristic of or resembling a marsh; waterlogged: the marshy ground towards the sea
More example sentences
- In the summer, they breed on marshy, lowland tundra at the northern limits of the boreal forest.
- They nest in the low Arctic, on tundra ponds with marshy shores and bogs.
- It was a large, indoor school that sat upon a sandy island surrounded by marshy swampland.
- Example sentences
- Various features including circular and curvilear features on ground that is level with tendency to marshiness.
- From what it sounded like, the trees fell, and over several summers sank into the mushy tundra marshiness.
- Because of its marshiness and flat topography, Savannah is prone to flooding.
Words that rhyme with marshyUstashe
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.