- A white-spotted catlike marsupial related to the quolls, native to New Guinea.
More example sentences
- Dasyurus albopunctatus, family Dasyuridae
- Adding insult to ecosystem injury, the poisonous toad instantly kills any predator that attempts to eat it, particularly the quoll, Australia's marsupial cat, and giant native lizards.
- Many marsupial cat species have declined greatly in abundance and range because of habitat loss and predation by introduced placental mammals, such as cats and foxes.
- It therefore appears that there may be four giant marsupial cat species roaming the Blue Mountains wilds.