- A mole-like burrowing Australian marsupial with yellow fur and a horny shield on the front of the head.
More example sentences
- Notoryctes typhlops, the only member of the family Notoryctidae
- Golden moles and marsupial moles use upwards thrusts of their heads in combination with their forelimbs to move the soil.
- They range from small four-footed forms like the marsupial mole, Notoryctes, to the large two-legged kangaroos.
- There have been no direct studies of hearing in golden moles or in the marsupial mole.