A brown eagle with a brown-spotted white belly, which is Africa’s largest eagle.
- Polmaetus bellicosus, family Accipitridae
More example sentences
- The vultures seem not to mind, the authors note; they once witnessed a vulture fighting off a martial eagle that was dragging a young silverback jackal skyward to enjoy as a meal.
- The Martial Eagle is to be found in the savannah and thornbush areas of Africa south of the Sahara, from Senegal to Somalia and south to the Cape.
- I expected the stork to be dead, but suddenly it raised its head and with a last force of dying energy attempted to spear the Martial Eagle in the head.
Definition of martial eagle in:
- The US English dictionary