- Military government, involving the suspension of ordinary law: unlike the previous military interventions, the general did not declare martial lawMore example sentences
- This may be considered military law which should not be confused with the term martial law.
- There is a state of emergency or martial law; there are military cordons and official broadcasts.
- Sometimes, the military rules directly and calls it martial law.
More definitions of martial lawDefinition of martial law in:
- The US English dictionary