A tropical American herbaceous plant with fragrant trumpet-shaped flowers which open late in the afternoon. Also called four o'clock plant.
- Mirabilis jalapa, family Nyctaginaceae
More example sentences
- The four o'clock Flower is also commonly known as the "Marvel of Peru"; Mirabilis jalapa is a tuberous rooted, small herbaceous shrub about 50 cm in height.
- The marvel of Peru is usually grown as a half-hardy annual in temperate zones, it flowers freely in its first year.
- For a balanced development, it is best to position the The marvel of Peru in a place where it is exposed to at least a few hours of direct sunlight.
Definition of marvel of Peru in:
- The US English dictionary