Definition of marzipan in English:
1A sweet yellow or white paste of ground almonds, sugar, and egg whites, used to coat cakes or to make confectionery.
- It is distinguished by the use of marzipan or almond paste.
- Cakes and desserts made of fruits and marzipan, a sweet almond paste, are sold in pastry shops and on the streets.
- In the larder stood a huge Christmas cake covered with marzipan and thick white icing, which Beth had baked several months ago.
1.1 [count noun] A sweet or small cake made of or coated with marzipan: pralines, chocolates, and marzipans
More example sentences
- That includes the ever-popular plum cake, plum pudding and Yule log, marzipans glittering with a coat of sugar, and delightful creations such as nougat, truffle and gateaux.
- It was clear that the merry season of Yule logs, plum pudding, fruitcakes, marzipans, macaroons and roast turkey had not yet come to a close.
- Their famous Champagne Truffles, pralines and marzipans are hand-made and flown in weekly from Switzerland.
verb[with object] (usually as adjective marzipanned) Back to top
Definition of marzipan in:
- US English dictionary