- (In Latin American cuisine) dough made from maize flour and used to make tortillas, tamales, etc.: [with modifier]: corn masaMore example sentences
- Best of all is a simple tamale, dense masa dough sheltering lightly seasoned roast pork and wrapped in a corn husk, with a side of another heady mole sauce - this time, brown, made with anchos and chocolate.
- For the sopes, in a medium bowl, combine the potatoes, corn masa, and water and knead to combine.
- The study found that there was a dwindling reliance on small-scale local shops, excessive costs for making and selling tortillas in stores, dwindling demand for fresh masa dough and a maturing market headed toward overcapacity.
More definitions of masaDefinition of masa in:
- The US English dictionary