- 1A mixture of ground spices used in Indian cookery.More example sentences
- In the tomato juice, mix the gram flour, turmeric, chilli-powder, masala, coriander and cumin seed powder.
- Add the corn flour or maida, kasooti methi, masala powder, chilli powder and salt.
- However, the bright side was that all types of Indian food such as rice, masala, spices and pickles were available in the two countries, at Indian grocery shops.
- 1.1A dish flavoured with masala: chicken masalaMore example sentences
- The five meals tested were cheese and tomato pizza, chicken tikka masala, steak and kidney pie, quiche Lorraine and beef lasagne.
- Statistics show Britain's favourite foods include beef lasagne, chicken tikka masala and pizza.
- Chicken tikka masala has replaced roast beef and Yorkshire pudding as the country's favourite dish.
- 1.2Someone or something that comprises a varied mixture of elements: an Indian who grew up with a masala of influences in England, Jamaica, and ItalyMore example sentences
- But there must be something in the Indian entertainment appetite that wants a full evening's masala.
- The movies are often referred to as masala, since there's a little bit of everything here - romance, action, comedy, and music.
- After all, he had grown up watching all kinds of films from Indian masala fare to the local Malaysian and Hong Kong Chinese films as well as Hollywood cinema.
from Urdu maṣālaḥ, based on Arabic maṣāliḥ 'ingredients, materials'.
More definitions of masalaDefinition of masala in:
- The US English dictionary