(also masculist /ˈmaskjʊlɪst/)
- Characterized by or denoting attitudes or values held to be typical of men: masculinist languageMore example sentences
- I want to resist masculinist values, not to blend in to the professions and processions of men that Virginia Woolf warns against.
- What, then, is one to think about his language, masculinist in its assumptions from beginning to end?
- Rather, a masculinist workplace culture that rewards long hours and values competitiveness, individualism and instrumentality excludes those people that want a life outside work, whatever their gender.
nounBack to top
- An advocate of the rights or needs of men: new masculinistsMore example sentences
- Many masculinists feel that feminist ideology hurts not just men, but also women and children-that, for example, feminist efforts to keep fathers from children hurt children, women and men.
- The attack upon masculinists is not unique to Canada.
- The report itself seems concerned that naive journalists are being ‘fed information’ by masculinists.
More definitions of masculinistDefinition of masculinist in:
- The US English dictionary