nounGolf , • dated
- An iron used for lofting or for medium distances.More example sentences
- And he'd take out a mashie niblick [7-iron] - not a mashie [5-iron], a mashie niblick!
- Tell golfing partners for the 40th time how the phrase mashie niblick always makes you laugh.
- I'm still not that bad with my mashie niblick today out on the Weymouth pitch and putt, but back in my teens, it was a bit of a steep learning curve.
late 19th century: perhaps from French massue 'club'.
More definitions of mashieDefinition of mashie in:
- The US English dictionary