noun[mass noun] Physics
- The mass of a body regarded as energy, according to the laws of relativity.More example sentences
- Back then, radioactivity had recently been discovered and mass energy conservation was under assault because of its discovery.
- Thus, they must have a rest mass energy roughly equal to the unification energy.
- In the special theory of relativity Einstein demonstrated that neither mass nor energy were conserved separately, but that they could be traded one for the other and only the total mass energy was conserved.
More definitions of mass energyDefinition of mass energy in:
- The US English dictionary