noun(the mass market)
- The market for goods that are produced in large quantities: mobile technologies have hit the mass market [as modifier]: mass-market brands a proven mass-market productMore example sentences
- BA has turned its business focus away from the mass market to target the high-end business traveller.
- The phone companies have a track record of refining their offerings until they attract the mass market.
- The vast array of portable Web-enabled devices in the mass market today is daunting.
verb(mass-market) [with object] Back to top
- Market (a product) on a large scale: since the demise of the small local breweries, the only beers available have been mass-produced, homogenized, and mass-marketed (as adjective mass-marketed) mass-marketed video games (as noun mass-marketing) the wide appeal of the material permits mass-marketingMore example sentences
- Their music exudes a rare blend of originality, sultriness and carefree innocence that's all too missing in today's over-produced and mass-marketed scene, and for that we give kudos.
- The child-rearing advice which parents read also took on a commercial flavor during the late 1910s and 1920s. First, the advice itself was mass-marketed.
- These revenue estimates are based on comparisons to similar mass-marketing ventures which tie movies and television shows in with associated merchandise and services.
More definitions of mass marketDefinition of mass market in:
- The US English dictionary