- A mass spectrometer in which the particles are detected photographically.More example sentences
- Infrared spectra and mass spectrographs of organic compounds are typically very detailed, offering a unique ‘fingerprint’ that can be used to identify the presence of the compound.
- Within two decades of inventing the mass spectrograph, he succeeded in identifying 212 of the 281 naturally occurring isotopes of all the elements.
- A clear additional line on the photographic plate from the mass spectrograph indicated an enrichment of Pb - 207 that could only mean the occurrence of another uranium-lead decay pathway - the so-called actinium series.
More definitions of mass spectrographDefinition of mass spectrograph in:
- The US English dictionary