- An apparatus for measuring the masses of isotopes, molecules, and molecular fragments by ionizing them and determining their trajectories in electric and magnetic fields.More example sentences
- The gas chromatograph separates the substances present, and then each substance is broken into molecular fragments by the mass spectrometer.
- It may even carry an instrument like a mass spectrometer to measure material ejected from impact.
- The emitted isotopes are focussed through a mass spectrometer and measured.
More definitions of mass spectrometerDefinition of mass spectrometer in:
- The US English dictionary