- Consisting of a large mass; bulky; massive: a round massy tableMore example sentences
- The party crossed the border into Scotland on August 1st, 1503, to be greeted by the Archbishop of Glasgow and a thousand Scottish lords and gentlemen ‘in rich jewels and massy chains’.
- Internally, the building was full of timber columns, because it was owned by the royal bedmakers, and the British royal family likes its beds solid and massy.
- At the first dawn of the morning we closed all the massy shutters of our old building; lighted a couple of tapers which, strongly perfumed, threw out only the ghastliest and feeblest of rays.
More definitions of massyDefinition of massy in:
- The US English dictionary