- 1A person with an outstanding intellect: an eminent musical mastermindMore example sentences
- Guitarist and producer Dave is a PhD student at Columbia, and a musical mastermind.
- One of the most refreshing aspects of the album is that this is a European album, from a German musical mastermind, that doesn't sound like it should remain on the European continent.
- It turns out that he's currently working on a project with my favorite Ethiopian musical mastermind.
- 1.1A person who plans and directs an ingenious and complex scheme or enterprise: McAvoy was the mastermind of the robberyMore example sentences
- Unfortunately, there was an accident and she was taken in by the mastermind behind the plan.
- He had been the mastermind behind the whole plan, I was sure he could get us out of all of this trouble.
- But you need a thoroughbred forensic expert to put the pieces together, to search for the missing links, to finally point fingers at the mastermind behind a crime.
verb[with object] Back to top
- Plan and direct (an ingenious and complex scheme or enterprise): he was accused of masterminding a gold-smuggling racketMore example sentences
control, plan, direct, be in charge of, run, conduct, organize, arrange, administer, regulate, supervise, superintend, preside over, orchestrate, stage-manage, engineer, manage, coordinate, conceive, devise, put together, forge, originate, initiate, think up, create, work out, dream up, frame, hatch, generate, come up with, have the bright idea of• informal be the brains behind
- But now the wannabe mechanic has masterminded an innovative scheme to help put both himself and other youngsters on the road to success.
- Now we should introduce you to the man alleged to have masterminded the scheme.
- In effect the children transformed themselves into pop impresarios - masterminding a campaign to propel a band called X-Factor into the charts and on to superstardom.