- So good as to be unequalled; incomparable: the Parthenon has a matchless beautyMore example sentences
incomparable, unrivalled, inimitable, beyond compare, unparalleled, unequalled, without equal, peerless, unmatched, beyond comparison, second to none, unsurpassed, unsurpassable, nonpareil, unique, consummate, perfect, rare, exquisite, transcendent, surpassing, superlative, supreme• rare unexampled
- Now is the time to visit this park before more lodges open and the remoteness and matchless beauty are lost to the tourism.
- It is just the bare bones of a novel, but matchless all the same, much as a sketch by Rembrandt can outclass the competition.
- The series of period rooms are a matchless setting for the wonderful collection of furniture and artefacts.
- More example sentences
- Through half-shut eyes, it was possible to imagine the matchlessly fertile land the first explorers glimpsed, and to ponder what they might have made of the developments of the subsequent half-millennium.
- He was matchlessly unorthodox, brave, loving, generous, riotously funny, as well as shrewd and unsentimental, in a blend of human chemistry that is indeed irreplaceable.
- Anyone who believed such a thing was by definition clueless and delusional, and the lyrical contributions are matchlessly banal.