- A type of gun with a lock in which a piece of wick or cord was placed for igniting the powder.More example sentences
- The infantry of early modern Europe combined the fire of gunpowder weapons - first the arquebus and then the matchlock musket - and the shock of cold steel.
- The discovery of gun powder by the Chinese lead to the development of the matchlock musket.
- A simple lesson, but one a man might forget in a pinch: Their rifles are matchlocks.
More definitions of matchlockDefinition of matchlock in:
- The US English dictionary