- 1The stem of a match.More example sentences
- Of course the reviewer was referring to modellers who don't use matches but just matchsticks, small pieces of wood.
- They turned off the alarm, and one of them came out with the burned match and packet of matchsticks he had once possessed.
- Interestingly, the previous record in this category is a 6.3 feet tall matchstick Eiffel Tower using 15,000 matchsticks.
- 1.1Something likened to a match in being long and thin: cut the vegetables into matchsticksMore example sentences
- Peel the ginger and slice it thinly, then cut into thin matchsticks.
- Slice about half of the cheese thinly then cut each slice in thin matchsticks.
- After that, I sliced one clove of garlic and cut about 2 slices of pancetta into thin matchstick strips.
- 1.2 [as modifier] British (Of a figure) drawn with short, thin straight lines: matchstick menMore example sentences
- The council commissioned the sculpture of the world-famous artist who painted matchstick figures who lived in Mottram-in-Longdendale for nearly 30 years.
- The artist, legendary for his portraits of Salford's satanic mills and matchstick figures, had a secret hideaway that was very close to his heart.
- She enjoys watching transparent matchstick figures float into space.
More definitions of matchstickDefinition of matchstick in:
- The US English dictionary