nounchiefly North American
- 1A sporting contest between two players or teams.More example sentences
- The rest will feature game after game of hotly contested matchups with nightly playoff implications during the final two-dozen games or so.
- If we've gotten line matchups or individual player matchups from the coaches, then I focus on the task at hand.
- The matchups create great individual contests that help determine the outcome of the team game.
More definitions of matchupDefinition of matchup in:
- The US English dictionary