- 1Motherhood: she is not a woman with an interest in maternityMore example sentences
- DNA testing was done on the biological mothers to confirm maternity of the children who participated.
- But it's maternity and motherhood that are the issues closest to her heart and first off her tongue.
- The National Birth & Motherhood Survey 2002 paints a grim picture of modern maternity.
- 1.1 [usually as modifier] The period during pregnancy and shortly after childbirth: maternity clothesMore example sentences
- The elevator to the maternity ward took a very long time.
- Ground level contains maternity outpatient services, with paediatric outpatients above.
- It's not easy being pregnant and finding nice maternity clothes.
early 17th century: from French maternité, from Latin maternus, from mater 'mother'.