- Logic that is mathematical in its method, manipulating symbols according to definite and explicit rules of derivation; symbolic logic.More example sentences
- He worked on mathematical logic, in particular ordinal numbers, recursive arithmetic, analysis, and the philosophy of mathematics.
- He then extended his father's work on associative algebras and worked on mathematical logic and set theory.
- During this period at Cambridge, Wittgenstein continued to work on the foundations of mathematics and also on mathematical logic.
More definitions of mathematical logicDefinition of mathematical logic in:
- The US English dictionary