- An expert in or student of mathematics: one of the world’s foremost theoretical mathematiciansMore example sentences
- Indian mathematicians and astronomers constructed sine table with great precision.
- Of course mathematicians continue to do mathematics while on holiday and they were both working hard.
- This is an introduction to intuitionistic mathematics for mature mathematicians.
late Middle English: from Old French mathematicien, from Latin mathematicus 'mathematical', from Greek mathēmatikos (see mathematical).
More definitions of mathematicianDefinition of mathematician in:
- The US English dictionary